Based on the traditional French Vichyssoise Soup we added more flavor and excitement with Prosecco and goat cheese. This dish is perfect for hot summer evenings when you want something cool yet filling.
- 2-3 leeks white part only cleaned and chopped
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- 4-5 Yukon gold potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 bottle Prosecco
- 1 Sauté leeks and onion in olive oil and butter for 10-15 minutes or until leeks and onions are translucent and tender.
- 2 Add potatoes, thyme, stock, salt and pepper.
- 3 Bring to a boil and reduce heat so soup just simmers for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 4 Remove from heat, add the goat cheese and stir until cheese is incorporated and let cool.
- 5 Blend with immersion blender.
- 6 Chill soup for 24 hours.
- 7 Add the Prosecco and stir until incorporated.