This small but indulgent bite-size dessert features rich, moist ‘cork-shaped’ chocolate cakes filled with luscious bits of melted chocolate, served topped with fresh raspberries and a drizzle of vibrant raspberry syrup.
Why Try? Inspired by Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery, these small chocolate cakes are named for their shape, which resembles a cork or bouchon in French. We simplified this recipe with a prepared cake mix, then added chocolate and a burst of rich raspberry flavor for a ‘just the right size’ dessert layered with bold indulgent flavor.
- 1 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 jar raspberry jam
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Spray muffin pan or bouchon baking mold with cooking spray.
- 3 Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Add 2 cups mini chocolate chips to the batter.
- 4 Portion batter 2/3 full into a 2" x 1" deep muffin pan or bouchon baking molds.
- 5 Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test with a wood skewer or toothpick - it should come out clean but not dry.
- 6 Transfer mini bouchon chocolate cakes to a cooling rack. After cooling for a few minutes invert the bouchon pan and let them cool.
- 7 Meanwhile place 1 cup raspberry jam in saucepan and warm.
- 8 Arrange mini bouchon chocolate cake on plate and drizzle one teaspoon warm raspberry jam over each and garnish with red raspberries.