This healthy home-style tomato soup will warm your soul.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 medium Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 can (46 ounce) Tomato juice
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounce) diced Italian-style tomatoes with herbs, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 cups Water, divided
- 1 package Pioneer No-fat Brown Gravy Mix
- 1 In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook and stir onion, celery and garlic in oil over medium heat until onion and celery are translucent.
- 2 Add tomato juice, tomatoes, basil, sugar and 2 cups of the water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Return to boiling.
- 3 Dissolve Pioneer No-Fat Brown Gravy Mix in 1 cup cool water; stir into boiling mixture until thickened. Simmer for 5 minutes more to combine flavors.