Enjoy the tartness of cranberries with a refreshing orange flavor in a tantalizing breakfast bread. Bake in mini-loaf pans for a terrific gift idea.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 178, Fat: 6 g, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Cholesterol: 39 mg, Sodium: 201 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 3 g.
To use dried cranberries: Place 1 cup dried cranberries in 2 cups boiling water. Cover. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain.
To prepare in 9×5-inch loaf pan: Pour batter into 1 greased 9×5-inch loaf pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Test Kitchen Tip: For easier slicing, wrap bread in plastic wrap and store overnight before slicing.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger, Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg, Ground
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix first 6 ingredients in large bowl; set aside.
- 2 Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add orange peel, orange juice and eggs; mix well. Gradually add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Gently stir in cranberries and almonds. Divide batter evenly among 3 greased 5 1/2x3-inch mini-loaf pans.
- 3 Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire rack.