What’s easier than hard boiled eggs? This is a classic recipe (Eggs Goldenrod) with a modern twist!
Why Try? Add a creamy sauce and this egg dish is different from what most people expect from eggs in the morning!
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 (1/2 ounce each) slices of Havarti cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 FOR EGGS: Cover eggs with water in sturdy pot & bring to boil.
- 2 Gently boil eggs for 10 minutes and then place under cold water to cool & stop cooking. Peel eggs, cut in 2 halves & place in baking dish.
- 3 FOR CREAM SAUCE: In double boiler, melt butter.
- 4 With wire whisk blend flour, cream, broth until desired consistency. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 5 Add cream last & whisk in for creaminess. Remove sauce from heat to cool slightly.
- 6 Spoon sauce over eggs. Top eggs with the creamy Havarti. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 7 Bake 10-15 minutes so that cheese melts. Serve 2 halves on a small plate and sprinkle with parsley.