Low on available ingredients and don’t want to run to the store after a long day at work? We understand. But, there are always a few frozen staples laying around that can be turned into a delicious weeknight meal, like peas, shrimp, and pasta. It’s quick, easy and tastes great.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 lb pasta
- 1/2 lb frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Splash heavy cream
- Splash vermouth
- To taste, Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Cook the pasta, but drain when it is al dente, or slightly undercooked. Place the butter in a pan and add the shrimp and garlic.
- 2 Sauce for a minute, then add the vermouth and simmer for another couple minutes (the alcohol will cook off but the flavor will remain).
- 3 Add the frozen peas, splash of heavy cream and salt and pepper. Stir and add the pasta, then toss to combine.