Filled with fresh ricotta cheese and topped with a variety of berries, these crepes are perfect for a weekend brunch.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest or 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 4 to 6 teaspoons unsalted butter
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1 In a blender, combine the milk, egg, flour, salt, oil and zest and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 8 hours.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the granulated sugar, or to taste. In another bowl, combine the ricotta and the remaining 1 tablespoon. granulated sugar. Set aside.
- 3 In a crepe pan over medium heat, melt 1 teaspoon of butter to coat the pan evenly. Pour in 1/3 cup of the batter and spread with a spatula. Cook until the crepe is golden underneath, 1 to 2 minutes. Flip the crepe over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Repeat to make 4 to 6 crepes.
- 4 Cover half of each crepe with the ricotta mixture and fold into quarters.
- 5 Place 1 crepe on each individual plate.
- 6 Top with the berries and dust with confectioners' sugar.
- 7 Serve immediately.