Dinner Quesadillas Recipe. This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ “One Recipe, Four Ways” meal system. This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ “One Recipe, Four Ways” meal system.
This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ One Recipe, Four Ways meal system.
The recipe for the taco meat can be found here.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 330; Total fat 13g; Saturated fat 6g;
Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 310mg; Carbohydrate 33g; Fiber 5g; Protein 21g; Vitamin A 10%DV*; Vitamin C 20%DV; Calcium 20%DV; Iron 15%DV
- Daily Value
- Spray oil
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup finely shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup warm taco meat filling (see recipe link above)
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro or mint
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with a thin film of oil and wipe out with a paper towel. Cook 2 tortillas on one side until lightly blistered. Remove to a clean work service, cooked side up. Meanwhile cook the other 2 tortillas in the same way.
- 2 Top 2 of the tortillas each with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1/2 cup of the taco meat filling. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the meat and top with the remaining 2 tortillas, cooked-side down.
- 3 Spray the skillet with more oil and return the quesadillas to the skillet and brown on both sides. Transfer to plates and rest for a minute before cutting each into 4 wedges. Serve.