Here’s something simple that our own Isabel Lai, guest correspondent (and middle schooler) made for her family. She says, “It’s an easy meal that my family and I eat all the time.”
This recipe is further detailed in Isabel’s column, with additional photos to show the step-by-step process.
- Packaged potsticker wrappers (dumplings)
- Small handful of chopped cilantro per bowl
- Small handful of chopped green onions per bowl
- 1 drop of sesame oil per bowl
- A pinch of salt and a sprinkle of white pepper per bowl
- 1 To cook dumplings:
- 2 Boil a pot of water.
- 3 When the water is boiling gently drop desired amount of dumplings into your pot.
- 4 Stir gently.
- 5 Let dumplings cook for 4-5 minutes.
- 6 Spoon out dumplings with a seive onto a plate.
- 7 To cook soup:
- 8 Put a small handful of chopped cilantro and green onions into a bowl.
- 9 Put 1 drop of sesame oil into the bowl.
- 10 Put a pinch of salt and a sprinkle of white pepper into the bowl.
- 11 Now, put the water you just cooked with into the bowl. If you want more flavor, put less water and vice versa.