An impressive dish that is simple to make, as well as being fresh and tasty. Feel free to be creative with the fillings, such as adding peach basil or strawberry rhubarb. Dutch Babies are lovely for brunch or any meal that needs an elegant touch. They make a flavorful, and beautiful, addition to any table.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, fresh, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons roasted, salted, Macadamia nuts, chopped
- Powdered sugar, as needed
- 1 Preheat to 450°F.
- 2 In a medium bowl, place strawberries and blueberries, honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir and set aside.
- 3 Place a 10” cast-iron skillet in an oven.
- 4 In another medium bowl, combine cornstarch, milk, flour, eggs, egg white, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and remaining lemon zest. Whisk until very smooth.
- 5 When oven is hot, remove the skillet.
- 6 Coat the pan with cooking spray, then add remaining butter and swirl to coat. Add batter to the pan and bake 20 minutes or until it is puffed and deep brown.
- 7 Remove from oven, top with fruit mixture and a dusting of powdered sugar.