Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
This is the classic recipe for crab cakes as they are traditionally prepared on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. The accompanying recipe for a sweet corn and onion topping makes this dish extra special.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Calories: 293 Fat, Total: 21g Carbohydrates, Total: 10g
Cholesterol: 141mg Sodium: 313mg Protein: 15g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 65% % Cal. from Carbs: 14%
- 1 hard-boiled egg, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound crab meat, picked over
- 1 cup (or more) fresh bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- SWEET CORN AND ONION RELISH
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 6 ears fresh corn, kernels cut from cob, cob discarded
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 EASTERN SHORE CRAB CAKES:
- 2 Mix hard-boiled egg, butter, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Add crab meat; toss to combine. Fold in just enough bread crumbs to bind mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in egg.
- 3 Shape crab mixture into 8 crab cakes.
- 4 Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Fry crab cakes until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- 5 SWEET CORN AND ONION RELISH:
- 6 Melt butter and oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté until tender.
- 7 Add corn and maple syrup. Saute until heated through. Serve immediately.