An easy and delicious twist on traditional pizza, this warm and mouthwatering Barbecue Chicken Pizza is a no-stress meal. The recipe uses a pre-made crust and chicken leftovers, mixed with a sweet and smokey barbecue sauce, fresh veggies, and mozzarella cheese to create the ultimate easy weeknight meal.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 green pepper, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (12-inch) thin pizza crust
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce (thicker variety)
- 1 cup sliced or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 Preheat oven to 425F.
- 2 In large nonstick skitted coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute green pepper and onion until crisp-tender.
- 3 Spread pizza crust with barbecue sauce. Sprinkle evenly with green pepper mixture, chicken, both kinds of cheese and green onion. Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.