Cilantro, red pepper and salsa give this chicken and rice dish a hint of Mexican flavor.
This recipe courtesy of Uncle Ben’s.
Tip: Use whole chicken breast or thighs marinated in soy sauce, orange juice, paprika, and cilantro, and then grilled. Serve with the rice.
- 3 cups UNCLE BEN'S® Fast & Natural™ Whole Grain Instant Brown Rice
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup red pepper diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels (frozen or canned)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3/4 cup salsa (mild)
- 3 cups water
- Non stick cooking spray
- 1 Cut chicken breasts into 1/2 inch strips.
- 2 Spray a 10-inch skillet with a nonstick spray and heat over a medium heat until hot. Add the chicken and red pepper, cook until chicken is browned and fully cooked.
- 3 Add the onion, cook for 30 seconds. Add the water, rice, chili powder, corn, and salsa simmer for 10 minutes until rice is done.
- 4 Serve chicken over the rice with chopped cilantro.