Here’s a quick meal idea – ready in only 15 minutes! Using ham, rice and peas, you can serve a healthy and filling skillet dinner.
This recipe courtesy of KRAFT®.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving): Calories 460, Total fat 20 g, Saturated fat 10 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 970 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Dietary fiber 2 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 19 g, Vitamin A 30 %DV, Vitamin C 30 %DV, Calcium 25 %DV, Iron 20 %DV.
Kraft® Kitchens Tips:
Serve with fresh fruit and a side salad.
Substitute 1 cup of your favorite frozen vegetable, thawed, for the peas.
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
- 1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 MELT butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender.
- 2 ADD milk, ham, peas and bouillon; stir. Bring to boil.
- 3 STIR in rice and Parmesan cheese; cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.