- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup dried mango
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cups low-fat milk or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Place the strawberry, mango, onion and orange juice into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot, allowing the fruits to simmer until soft, around 20 minutes.
- 2 Remove the soup from heat and, working in batches, carefully purée the mixture with a blender or food processor. Return the soup to the pot over medium-low heat. Remove 1/4 cup of the soup to a bowl and whisk in the cornstarch until smooth, then return to the pot while slowly whisking until the soup thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3 Chill for at least 3 hours.
- 4 Chill the soup completely and then add the milk and lemon juice.
- 5 Serve cold and garnish with fresh strawberry slices.