Easy and beautiful, what’s not to love about fruit pizza? Perfect for warm summer nights spent entertaining your closest friends, this refreshingly sweet Fresh Fruit Dessert Pizza with Coconut Cream has a sugar cookie base topped with a light and fluffy coconut cream cheese and delicious bites of fruit!
Terrific Tip: Go ahead and grate more orange rind than you’ll need for the recipe—you can grate a whole orange or lemon and freeze the rind until needed. Or, you can purchase dried orange rind in the spice section of your local grocery store. Substitute your favorite fruits!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 (16.5-ounce) roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup jarred or fresh mango slices, drained
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted, optional
- 1 Preheat oven 350F.
- 2 Coat 12-14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray
- 3 Press cookie dough into prepared pan. Bake 12 minutes and cool
- 4 In mixing bowl, blend together sugar, cream cheese, and coconut extract until mixed.
- 5 Stir in orange rind and whipped topping, mixing until smooth.
- 6 Carefully spread cream cheese mixture on top of cooled crust
- 7 Arrange strawberry slices around edge of pizza.
- 8 Next, arrange ring of mandarin orange segments around edge
- 9 Then, arrange pineapple chunks in another ring and then mango slices inside to fill center of pizza.
- 10 In microwave-safe dish, microwave apricot preserves and orange liqueur just until blended, about 30 seconds. Spoon glaze over fruit.
- 11 Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.
- 12 Refrigerate until serving