This seasonal fall vegetable can be made many ways, but there is nothing better than combining buttery-garlic flavor with fresh toasted pumpkins seeds, atop the earthy flavor of green beans.
This recipe and image are courtesy of Between the Bread.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons mixed oil
- 1 pinch coarse sea salt
- 1 large garlic clove, minced and roasted
- 1/4 cup fresh toasted pipits, in garlic oil
- Sprig of fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 Blanch green beans in boiling water with salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil (5 minutes).
- 2 Roast pepitas in pan with oil and ½ of garlic, toss until lightly browned.
- 3 Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, place in oven at 400 degress for 10 minutes.
- 4 Roast remaining garlic with tarragon over oil for 20 seconds on high heat.
- 5 Combine with beans and pepitas until thoroughly coated. Season with sea salt.