Ok, quiche is French but I used non-fat Greek yogurt as the quiche base rather than crème fraiche or heavy cream; hence Greek Quiche. You end up with a lighter and definitely healthier version of a traditional quiche. Once you start using non-fat Greek yogurt I don’t think you will ever go back. The quiche choices are endless so use your family favorites, what is in season or even sneak some veggies in without the kids knowing.
- 1 ready to bake pie crust
- 6 ounces non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 large or 3 small leeks; white and light green part only
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup non-fat grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2 Slice leeks in half lengthwise, thoroughly wash and thinly slice
- 3 Sauté leeks and onions in olive oil for 15-20 minutes or until lightly caramelized, then let cool to room temperature.
- 4 While leeks and onions are cooling combine eggs, yogurt, salt, pepper, nutmeg and mozzarella.
- 5 Add leeks to egg mixture and mix well.
- 6 Fill unbaked pie crust with quiche mixture and top with grated Parmesan.
- 7 Bake in center of oven for 35-40 minutes or until center is just set.
- 8 Let rest for 10 minutes prior to serving.