This delicious mash-up pairs the comfort food appeal of a grilled pimento cheese sandwich with a classic BLT. The combination of gooey pimento cheese on buttery crisp bread, salty-crisp bacon, juicy fresh-cut tomatoes and fresh lettuce may just be the perfect sandwich!
For easy sandwich prep, the pimento cheese spread can be made ahead and held refrigerated for 1 week.
Want to see how the experts do it? Click here to see the how-to video.
- 1 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimentos, well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco® original Hot Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- As needed butter, melted
- 8 slices sourdough or country white bread
- As needed iceberg lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, Tabasco® and Worcestershire sauce in bowl and stir to blend. Add shredded Cheddar cheese and stir until fully blended.
- 2 Brush outer sides of bread lightly with melted butter; place on work surface, buttered sides down. Spread pimento cheese evenly on bottom four slices of bread; close with top slices of bread.
- 3 Grill in a large skillet over medium-low heat on both sides, until bread is golden and cheese is melted.
- 4 Open grilled cheese sandwiches; layer lettuce, tomato and bacon on bottom halves of sandwiches. Close with top halves of sandwich, insert picks if desired and diagonal slice.