Salmon steaks seasoned and grilled just right make a wonderful main dish.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 716 Fat, Total: 57g Carbohydrates, Total: 6g
Cholesterol: 159mg Sodium: 206mg Protein: 43g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 72% % Cal. from Carbs: 3%
- 1/3 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Four 8-ounce salmon steaks (or substitute halibut steaks or swordfish steaks)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano in a small bowl. Set olive oil-herb mixture aside.
- 2 Rub the salmon steaks lightly with the vegetable oil and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until steaks are opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side.
- 3 TO SERVE: Place steaks on plates. Drizzle the olive oil-herb mixture over steaks. Garnish with the lemon wedges and serve.