Use a variety of decorative cookie stamps with seasonal designsâ€”jack-o’-lanterns, apples, leavesâ€”to decorate these cookies.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
A cookie stamp (a small, decorative, round or square cookie imprinter, usually made of glass, ceramic or wood) is pressed into a ball of cookie dough, which flattens it and imprints a relief design on the surface.
Cookie stamps come in many designs and are available at specialty kitchenware shops.
If you don’t have a cookie stamp, press each ball of dough with the bottom of a glass.
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 In large mixer bowl, beat butter and brown or until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, ginger, cinnamon and cloves; beat on low speed until mixture forms a ball.
- 2 Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls (about 1 tablespoon each). Roll in granulated sugar.
- 3 Place on baking sheet that has been coated with cooking spray. Using a decorative cookie stamp, press firmly to create design.
- 4 Bake at 325°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool completely on wire rack.