This marinade is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day as well as any other day of the year. It’s perfect for any type of meat, including rib eye, sirloin, skirt steak, and flank steak. The tougher the cut, the longer you can let it marinate, anywhere from 6-12 hours.
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, finely grated ( about 2-3 limes)
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed (about 2-3 limes)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, freshly minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 12 oz. bottle stout beer, such as Guinness
- 2 to 3 pounds Tri-Tip Steak
- 1 Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
- 2 Pour in to a doubled up storage bag and add meat and marinate for 6 to 12 hours or place marinade in an airtight container for up to a week.
- 3 Refrigerate.