Pumpkin bread is usually thought of as a seasonal treat, but this killer recipe is so easy and addictive that you’ll want to make it year-round!
- Try finely grating a whole nutmeg (same measurements from the recipe) for enhancing spice flavor.
- Add a cup of nuts (walnuts or pecans), dark chocolate chips, or raisins.
- The recipe can be doubled.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 (15oz) Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bread pans with butter, so batter doesn’t stick.
- 2 Add all ingredient together in a large bowl, then mix well with electric mixer.
- 3 Hand mix optional ingredients such as a cup of semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, pecans, or raisins into the bowl.
- 4 Spoon batter about halfway or a bit more in the loaf pans. Bake for about 1 hour until loaf is cooked and springs back (test by putting a toothpick in the center and when it comes out clean, it’s ready). Be careful not to overcook; it makes the bread a bit dryer.