Serve these spicy shrimp skewers with peanut sauce, a favorite accompaniment to satay seafood and meats that have been skewered and grilled. You can use a prepared peanut sauce or make one from scratch.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 lemongrass stalks
- Store-bought or homemade peanut sauce
- for dipping
- 1 In a large bowl, stir together the coconut milk, fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger, cilantro and curry powder. Add the shrimp and stir to coat evenly with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- 2 Trim the top and root end of the lemongrass stalks, then carefully cut each stalk lengthwise into 2 pieces. Remove the shrimp from the marinade; discard the marinade. Thread the shrimp onto the lemongrass stalks.
- 3 Preheat an indoor electric grill on high heat. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skewers on the grill and cook until the shrimp are opaque throughout, about 2 minutes per side. Arrange the skewers on a warmed platter and serve immediately with peanut sauce for dipping.