This cold-brew process removes the bitterness and acidity of normal coffee, giving you a more balanced taste.
For a fraction of the cost of your favorite bottled version, you can make a batch at home. If you are a caffeine lover (addict) then you’ll get a bigger buzz from this concentrated version.
- 3/4 cup favorite coffee beans
- Do NOT use espresso beans
- 4 cups filtered water
- Don’t have filtered water? Boil water and let it cool down.
- 1 Coarsely grind coffee beans and pour into a medium to large (preferably deep) bowl.
- 2 Pour in filtered water and mix well. Cover bowl with cloth and place bowl on the countertop away from the sun. Let it sit for 24 hours and stir occasionally.
- 3 Give your coffee mixture a good stir. Then, place 2 paper towels in a strainer to use as a filter. Put the strainer over an empty medium bowl.
- 4 Pour Coffee mixture into the paper-lined strainer and scrape all the grinds into the strainer, too. Let it all drip out completely.
- 5 Dispose soiled paper towels from strainer; rinse and dry strainer.
- 6 Redo the process again in a clean bowl to filter out the rest of the grinds.
- 7 Place Coffee in Mason Jar(s) and refrigerate.