From Chef Ace Champion’s series, Cooking with Kids, these Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are made by his teenage son Malcolm. Made with a combination of white and milk chocolate chips, these are easy enough for your own kids to get in the kitchen and make their own!
Want to see how it’s done? Watch the how-to video right here!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, for topping
- 3 tablespoons white sugar, for topping
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease bottoms of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
- 2 In a medium bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 3 tsp. baking powder, 1/2 c. chocolate and white chocolate chips, and 1/2 tsp. salt. In a small bowl, combine milk, avacado oil, and an egg; blend well. Add dry ingredientsall at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- 3 Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Combine 3 tbsp. of white sugar and 2 tbsp. of brown sugar in another bowl. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with the combined white and brown sugar.
- 4 Bake for 2025 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 1 minute before removing muffins from pan. Serve warm.