This recipe was a finalist in the Plugrá Magnifique Recipe Contest.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 slices of Challah bread, day old, ¾-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted, divided
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 4 orange slices for garnish
- Banana Pecan Butter Sauce
- 8 tablespoons Plugrá® European-Style Butter, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe, firm bananas, sliced to 1-inch-thick diagonals
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 Stir eggs, cream, cinnamon and vanilla together in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- 2 Soak each piece of bread in the egg mixture.
- 3 Place a large griddle over medium-high heat and melt 1½ teaspoons of Plugrá Butter on griddle and spread on surface.
- 4 Place 4 pieces of French toast on hot griddle, cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turn and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is golden and done.
- 5 Repeat process with remaining 1½ teaspoons of Plugrá Butter and 4 pieces of bread.
- 6 Spread mascarpone cheese on 4 slices of French toast and top mascarpone with remaining 4 slices of French toast.
- 7 Top with ½ cup prepared Banana Pecan Butter Sauce.
- 8 Banana Pecan Butter Sauce: Melt the Plugrá Butter in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat.Stir in orange juice, brown sugar, vanilla and salt.Cook and stir for 1-1/2 minutes. Add bananas and pecans and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is smooth and slightly reduced. Keep warm.