The famous Minnesota Jucy Lucy Burger is known for its fried onions and melty cheese-filled patty!
Third in Rattan Direct‘s series of Classic American Burgers, the Jucy Lucy never disappoints.
All Classic American Burgers come from one starting point; 1/4 lb high quality minced steak with 20% fat, per burger. Mixed with black pepper to form a coherent mass and shaped into balls. Use large soft white buns. Seeds are optional. Toast the buns on the inner surfaces only.
- 1/4 lb burger mix (high-quality minced steak with 20% fat, black pepper)
- 1 slice cheese
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Heat a cast iron griddle or frying pan until searing hot.
- 2 Divide the burger ball into 2 smaller balls.
- 3 Take 4 squares of greaseproof and press out each patty between 2 squares of the paper.
- 4 Divide a cheese slice into 4 and arrange in the centre of one patty. Place the other patty on top.
- 5 Press the two together, working from the centre to expel any air.
- 6 Add a smear of oil to the hot pan and cook the onions until soft. Remove.
- 7 Add the burger to the pan and season with salt.
- 8 Cook on the first side until red beading appears on the top. Turn, and cook for the same amount of time you gave the first side.
- 9 Toast the bun on the inner surfaces only.
- 10 Build the burger with pickles and fried onions.
- 11 Take care when eating, the cheese is really hot and possibly pressurised too.