Pecan pie and oatmeal partner together for a melt-in-your-mouth divine pie. Craving chocolate? Just add about 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips. Did you know that pecans contain the highest amount of antioxidants than any other nut? Pecans are packed with Vitamin E, which can help prevent cell damage. Watch the video for step by step instructions and full ingredients list.
For more great recipes and videos from this series, click here.
Recipe courtesy of Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC® Eating Well to Fight Arthritis
Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 other carbohydrate, 3 fat
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1 Preheat oven 325°F.
- 2 In bowl, whisk together brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla.
- 3 Stir in oatmeal and pecans.
- 4 Pour into pie shell.
- 5 Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is set.
- 6 Cool completely.