Overnight French Toast Recipe
Sweet and fruity, Overnight French Toast makes a delicious addition to your brunch or breakfast table.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 333, Fat: 5 g, Carbohydrates: 63 g, Cholesterol: 134 mg, Sodium: 279 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 9 g.
Overnight Apple French Toast: Prepare and refrigerate bread slices as directed. Substitute 4 medium apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 4 cups) for the strawberries and bananas. Toss apples with 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon in baking dish. Top with soaked bread slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Cover with foil. Bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 8 (1-inch thick) slices
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 Mix eggs, milk, vanilla and baking powder. Pour over bread to soak; turn to coat well. Cover. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 Preheat oven to 450°F. Mix strawberries, bananas and granulated sugar in 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with soaked bread slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 3 Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.