Pasta Florentine Recipe. This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ “One Recipe/Four Ways” meal system.
This recipe is part of Andrew Schloss’ One Recipe/Four Ways meal system. The basic, kid-friendly mac-and-cheese recipe can be easily turned into three other recipes with a few simple additions.
The base recipe for the Macaroni and Cheese used in this recipe can be found here.
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 470; Total fat 20 g; Saturated fat 8g; Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 430mg; Carbohydrate 54g; Fiber 4g; Protein 20g; Vitamin A 230%DV;
Vitamin C 15%DV; Calcium 40%DV; Iron 20%DV
DV = Daily Value
Check out the Tex-Mex version of One Recipe, Four Ways.
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup drained, canned, unsalted, chopped spinach
- 3 cups hot mac and cheese (see above link to base macaroni and cheese recipe)
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded, imported Parmesan cheese
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, about 10 seconds. Add the spinach and heat through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2 Stir into 2 portions, or approximately 3 cups, of hot mac and cheese (from the base recipe for "Tasty Mixed Up Mac and Cheese"--see link above) along with the Parmesan cheese and serve.