Penne with Pumpkin Sauce gives you a way to warm up and enjoy the comforts of a home cooked meal at least one more time before the weather changes.
- 1 Using a large pan, heat the butter or oil on medium heat.
- 2 Add the onion, garlic and pepper and cook until mixed well and the pepper has softened.
- 3 Begin to prepare the pasta.
- 4 In a blender, add the pumpkin, chicken broth, water and milk.
- 5 Blend well.
- 6 Add the mixture to the pan and stir in the remaining ingredients.
- 7 Use a whisk to keep the sauce smooth.
- 8 Once the sauce has began to boil and thicken, add the cooked pasta and combine gently.