Everybody loves a Panini! What is so special about a Panini, after all Panini just means grilled sandwich in Italian? You can get them in every rest stop along the freeways in Italy! Yes, that’s right and boy oh boy are they good! Prosciutto, mortadella and a dozen other fillings and combinations are all waiting in the deli showcase. This Piggy Panini, filled with crispy bacon, two cheeses, tomatoes and sliced avocado is sure to become a family favorite!
- Big crusty loaf of country bread; figure one full Panini per person
- 2 slices of cooked bacon per Panini
- 1/3 avocado sliced per Panini
- 3 slice provolone per Panini
- 2 slices cheddar per Panini
- 3 slices tomatoes per Panini
- Butter for the outside of your Panini
- Olive oil for outside of Panini
- 1 Preheat Panini press.
- 2 Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- 3 Layer bacon, avocado, cheddar, and tomatoes on each slice of bread.
- 4 Top with another slice of bread.
- 5 Spray olive oil on the outside of the Panini and place the sandwich into the press.
- 6 Toast for about 5 minutes.
- 7 Cut in half and serve hot.