This recipe offers a sensational take on pizza. It is a great family meal for fall.
Recipe courtesy of KRISTINA VANNI
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 12 ounce purchased pizza crust
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree*
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cubed fontina cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Spanish chorizo
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
- Additional olive oil and chopped sage for garnish (optional)
- 1 Heat oven to 425ºF. Brush 1 tablespoon olive oil over crust; set aside. Heat remaining tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic, and pepper flakes to hot pan. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in pumpkin puree, smoked paprika, and salt.
- 2 Cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and hot. Spread sauce evenly over pizza crust; scatter with cubed fontina. Arrange sliced chorizo evenly over top and sprinkle with chopped sage.
- 3 Place pizza on a cookie sheet or directly on oven rack, if preferred. Bake for 12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. If desired, drizzle a little olive oil over pizza and sprinkle with additional chopped sage.