Need a holiday appetizer? Try this Pumpkin Hummus for raves around the table!
- 2 cups garbanzo beans (canned or prepared)
- 15 ounces of pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated, minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans.
- 2 Place into a container and put enough water into the container to
- 3 cover the garbanzo beans.
- 4 Soak overnight.
- 5 Drain the beans, saving 1 cup of the water.
- 6 Using a food processor, add the garbanzo beans, 1/2 cup of water and blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape with a plastic spatula to get all of the beans pureed.
- 7 Add the remaining ingredients and blend.
- 8 If the mixture is too thick, continue to add some of the water little by little until you get the desired consistency.
- 9 Refrigerate until ready to serve.