Nothing says fall like pumpkins and nothing says fun like individual pumpkin soups serve with spiderade for the kids and Lemon Espresso Martinis for the grown-ups!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 4 onions thinly sliced
- 4 individual pumpkins cleaned
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 slices bread cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Caramelize onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter.
- 3 Divide onions between the 4 pumpkins.
- 4 Fill pumpkins with hot chicken stock and replace tops.
- 5 Bake 45 minutes.
- 6 Place bacon on cookie sheet covered with non-stick foil.
- 7 Spread pepper jelly on each slice of bacon.
- 8 Place bacon into cold oven and set heat to 400°F and bake for 20 minutes.
- 9 Melt 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoon olive oil and add garlic.
- 10 When butter begins to bubble and brown remove garlic and add bread.
- 11 Sauté bread turning constantly until toasted.
- 12 Slice bacon very thin.
- 13 Serve the soup topped with the croutons, Parmesan and bacon.