Serve these colorful vegetables as a side dish to an Asian-inspired meal. Wine Pairing Recommendation: Ravenswood Sonoma Country Syrah. The fresh, bright quality and hints of white pepper of this Rhone-style wine will be a perfect complement to the ginger flavors and roasted vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 3/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Roasted Ground Ginger
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 4 green onions, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sesame Seed, Toasted (optional)
- 1 Mix 1 1/2 cups of the broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, sherry and ginger in medium bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- 2 Heat oil in large deep skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cauliflower; stir fry 1 minute. Add remaining 1/4 cup broth; cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until cauliflower is tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Add asparagus, bell pepper, snow peas and green onions; stir fry 3 to 4 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- 3 Stir broth mixture. Add to skillet; stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed, if desired.
- 4 TIPS:Roasted Ginger Shrimp & Vegetable Stir-Fry: Prepare recipe as directed, adding 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, at the end of Step 2. Stir fry 2 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Continue as directed.