Pasta is a great weeknight main dish because you can present a delicious, healthy, hearty meal in very little time. This sun dried tomato sauce is a perfect example, taking only about 5 minutes to prepare! The addition of capers and almonds creates a tangy, nutty flavor surprise your family is going to love! Do give it a try and let me know how you like it!
This is a recipe from Chat ‘n Dish show host, K.C. Quaretti. View episodes of the show now on The Food Channel.
- 8 ounces dried rotini
- ¾ cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained
- 6 large basil leaves (more if small)
- ¼ cup shelled almonds
- ¼ cup grated parmesan: plus extra for topping cooked pasta
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon capers
- ½ cup or more extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt for the sauce: plus 3 tablespoons for pasta water
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 3 tablespoons salt and Rotini or your favorite pasta.
- 2 In the bowl of your food processor combine; tomatoes, basil, almonds, parmesan, garlic, capers and pinch of salt.
- 3 While blending, drizzle olive oil until you have a soft well mixed paste.
- 4 Transfer tomato sauce to a pan and warm.
- 5 Add cooked pasta and one ladle of the pasta cooking water.
- 6 Stir well to coat pasta.
- 7 Remove from heat and sprinkle with additional parmesan.
- 8 Serve immediately.