Everyone’s eyes will be smilin’ when they see this candy corn with an Irish twist. “The green color gives the snack instant holiday appeal.”
This recipe courtesy of Taste of Home
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 139 calories, 6 grams fat (3 grams saturated fat), 10 milligrams cholesterol, 138 milligrams sodium, 22 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram protein.
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 to 10 drops green food coloring
- 1 Place popcorn in a large roasting pan; keep warm in a 250° oven.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, water, corn syrup, vinegar and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer reads 250° (hard-ball stage).
- 3 Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Stir in food coloring.
- 4 Drizzle over warm popcorn and toss to coat. Cool. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.