Salsa Chicken Recipe. Seasoning chicken strips with Taco Seasoning Mix is a great way to spice up dinner. Sweet and spicy Salsa Chicken is delicious served with rice and black beans.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 285, Fat: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Cholesterol: 51 mg, Sodium: 699 mg, Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 23 g.
A Taste for Health Tip: Using McCormick® 30% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning saves 211 mg Sodium per serving
- 1 package McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix or 1 package McCormick® Taco Seasoning Mix 30% Less Sodium
- 1 pound chicken tenders or boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup apricot or peach preserves
- 1 Place Seasoning Mix on plate or in plastic bag. Add chicken tenders; toss to coat.
- 2 Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- 3 Stir in tomatoes and preserves. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Serve over rice, if desired.