This fresh baked seasoned potato is delicately stuffed with smoked pheasant and topped with a pure Wisconsin cheese. Not convinced yet? You will be once you see that it is deliciously finished and topped with a vodka peppercorn pâté cream sauce.
Want to see how it’s done? Watch the how-to video right here.
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 lb smoked pheasant meat, shredded
- 6 oz. Shullsburg salsa jack, shredded (or your favorite cheese)
- 1 medium shallot, diced very finely
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, reduced by half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 oz. peppercorn pâté
- 1/2 cup green onion, for garnish
- 4 large baked potatoes, fully cooked
- 1 Drizzle cooking oil and a little salt over the potatoes and rub it in with your hands. Pre-heat the oven at 400 degrees. Add the potatoes in a baking dish and allow cooking for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until the center is soft then set aside.
- 2 Slice or shred the meat of a smoked pheasant and set aside.
- 3 Meanwhile, you can work on the sauce.
- 4 In a medium non-stick skillet over a medium-high heat, add a few drizzles of oil; when hot add the shallots. Cook for about 2 minutes then add the garlic and cook for another minute stirring often over a medium-high heat. Add the Vodka. (This is called deglazing).
- 5 Add the chicken broth and allow to reduce by half. Add in the whipping cream and cook until the sauce starts to thicken. (About 4 minutes).
- 6 (Note: If sauce doesn’t thicken within a few minutes have 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of Vodka or any liquid to make slurry. You don’t want to overcook the sauce.)
- 7 When the potatoes are done and cooled slightly split a pocket open to make room for the pheasant. Mash the potatoes to create a nice opening.
- 8 Season some sauce into the potato. Divide the shredded smoked pheasant between all 4 potatoes then top with cheese.
- 9 Bake in a pre-heated 400 degrees oven.
- 10 When the potatoes are done remove from the oven and place on a medium size plate.