A traditional children summer evening campfire dessert is transformed into an adult dessert worthy of finishing your finest meal! A rich, moist, deep chocolate cake is topped with a crunchy graham cracker crumble then finished with toasted marshmallows instantly transporting us back to childhood summers.
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/8 cup Espresso
- 6 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows; regular or chocolate.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Coat 6 five-inch ramekins with non-stick baking spray.
- 3 In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- 4 Add eggs, whipping cream, espresso, vanilla and 1/4 cup butter. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 5 Slowly add the boiling water until well incorporated. Batter will be quite thin.
- 6 Divide the batter evenly between 6 ramekins and bake for 20 minutes.
- 7 While ramekins are baking crumble the 4 graham crackers into a small bowl.
- 8 Mix in 1/4 cup melted butter and 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar.
- 9 Top each ramekins with graham cracker crumble and return to the oven for 5 minutes.