This hearty soup is chock full of ground sirloin, zesty diced tomatoes, green chilies and ripe sweet potatoes and corn, giving it that perfect Southwestern full flavor that will satisfy any cravings!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups cubed, peeled, sweet or white potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 In large nonstick pot, cook meat and onion over medium heat until meat is done, about 5-7 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- 2 Add remaining ingredients, except corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer about 30 minutes.
- 3 Add corn, continue cooking, covered, 15 minutes.