If you’re looking for a Thai appetizer to feed a crowd, try these SPAM® Wontons.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®.
- 1 package (12-ounce) wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (12-ounce) SPAM® Classic, diced
- 1 can (8-ounce) water chestnuts, drained and finely diced
- 1 Heat oven to 375º F.
- 2 In miniature muffin pans, press wonton wrappers to fit, overlapping edges lightly. Bake 5 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- 3 In small bowl, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes; set aside.
- 4 In large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook SPAM® Classic until lightly brown. Add water chestnuts and peanut butter mixture. Heat until warmed through.
- 5 Spoon mixture into prepared wonton wrappers. Garnish with sliced green onion. Serve immediately. Makes about 48 appetizers.