Spicy Corn Muffins with Jalapenos recipe. Wake everybody up with these chile-spiced buttermilk muffins!
Makes 12 muffins
Facts per Serving
Calories: 177 Fat, Total: 7g Carbohydrates, Total: 25g
Cholesterol: 34mg Sodium: 263mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 36% % Cal. from Carbs: 56%
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 6 fresh jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 1 Preheat oven to 425º F.
- 2 Butter 12-cup muffin pan. Whisk first 6 ingredients in large bowl to blend. Add buttermilk, melted butter and egg; Stir just until blended. Fold in corn. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Insert 5 or 6 strips of jalapeno chiles into center of each, standing upright.
- 3 Bake muffins until golden and tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool muffins in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Serve muffins warm.