It’s a bit decadent, but what a way to dress up an old standard! This Recipe for stuffed french toast with raspberry sauce. is easy to make and makes it look like you slaved all day. Pair it with fresh fruit and enjoy!
See our Editor’s Blog, Eggs After Dark, for commentary on this recipe.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- FOR SAUCE: 12 ounces raspberry jam or other fruit preserves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Mix the cream cheese with pecans, cinnamon and powdered sugar.
- 2 Cut bread loaf into slices with a pocket in each piece. Stuff each pocket with a few tablespoons of the mixture.
- 3 In another bowl, beat eggs, whipping cream, nutmeg and vanilla together.
- 4 Dip stuffed bread into the egg mixture, and then grill in butter in a skillet.
- 5 To make the sauce, heat the preserves and orange juice together, then serve on top of the toast pieces. Add whole berries and pecans when serving.