Join Carolyn Scott-Hamilton in her Global Kitchen while she makes dairy-free, sugar-free and guilt-free ice cream. With a base of sweet frozen bananas coupled with fresh blueberries and natural vanilla bean flavor, this homemade vegan ice cream is a great dessert alternative and tastes amazing.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
- 1 cup frozen and chopped bananas, thaw for 10 minutes
- 1/2-1 cup frozen blueberries, to taste
- 1 vanilla bean stick
- 1 Slice fresh bananas and freeze in the freezer for 2-3 hours, or use already frozen bananas.
- 2 Let frozen bananas thaw for 10 minutes.
- 3 Combine frozen bananas and frozen blueberries within the blender.
- 4 To open the vanilla bean, slide carefully down the middle and scrape innards into the blender with a knife.
- 5 Blend until pureed, but not too long or the heat from the blender will begin to melt the ingredients.
- 6 Serve as is, or freeze to reharden it for a more thicker texture.