Picture this, you’re cruising Pinterest and come across a beautiful cake made with fresh watermelon. Is that real? We’ve all been there.
Thankfully, Food Channel Guest Chef Johanna Cook took this Pinterest project on for us and it was a success!
This Suprise Watermelon Cake is perfect for your next gathering. Want to see how it’s done? Click here to see the how-to video!
- 1 small seedless watermelon
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- (Optional) 1 cap white/clear vanilla extract
- An array of berries
- Sliced almonds
- 1 Peel your watermelon. Make the edges as round as you can and make both up and bottom sides as flat and straight as you can.
- 2 Place your watermelon "cake" on a spinner or cake stand.
- 3 Slowly take your whipped cream and spread around your cake. No need to be precise or super neat. Have fun.
- 4 After you spread your whipped cream, put this in the freezer or your whipped cream will melt into a puddle!
- 5 Top with your favorite toppings. Freeze for 15-20 minutes and serve immediately.