Your family will appreciate the tender loving care you take to make this hearty and tasty casserole using leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
When measuring Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, gently spoon mix into nested (dry) measuring cup/s. Using a metal spatula or straight-edged knife, level off the top.
- 4 cups cubed leftover cooked turkey (or 1 1/2 lb. turkey tenderloin, cooked and cubed)
- 6 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- BISCUIT STRIPS: 2 1/4 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup shredded Colby, Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced or chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1/4 cup Butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons Parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 In large bowl, combine turkey, bacon and onions; set aside.
- 2 Prepare gravy mix according to package directions. Stir in mayonnaise and cheese until well blended.
- 3 Pour over turkey mixture; stir to coat. Pour into a 13x9x2-inch-baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
- 4 Prepare Cheesy Herb Biscuit Strips: in medium bowl, combine Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, cheese, milk and chilies. Stir until mixture forms a ball.
- 5 Turn out onto surface dusted with additional Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix. Knead 7 to 10 times.
- 6 Roll out to 13x9-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips.
- 7 Gently place strips over turkey mixture to make a lattice design.
- 8 Bake at 450°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until biscuit lattice is golden brown and turkey mixture is bubbly. Combine butter, parsley and garlic powder; brush on biscuit lattice.