This delicious Turkish Flatbread is made with spiced minced lamb, fresh herbs, and a premade dough to make this recipe quick and easy! Traditionally referred to as Lahmacun, which refers to the thin, round, large shape of the dough, this authentic Turkish dish is baked and then rolled like a wrap to be eaten. It is simple, refreshing and full of explosively delicious flavor.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Thanks to the chefs at Rattan Direct for this recipe!
- 1/2 lb minced lamb
- 1/2 onion, very finely diced
- 1 small bunch parsley, very finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground garlic
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 pack ready rolled flatbread
- For The Salad:
- 2 tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cucumber, finely diced
- 4 spring onion, sliced
- 6 radishes, sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- For The Garnish:
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds only
- 1 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2 Mix the lamb with the onions, parsley, seasoning and spices. Squeeze together with your hands to form a pattie mix.
- 3 Add about 1 tbsp water and keep squeezing until you have a loose paste.
- 4 Spread the bread out on a baking tray, pushing with your fingers to flatten it out a little.
- 5 Spread the mixture on the bread and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- 6 Bake for about 25 minutes until crisp and golden.
- 7 Toss the salad ingredients together, garnish the bread, and serve hot. You can slice like pizza or tear off pieces.